Thursday, January 8, 2015

Pantone Spring 2015 Fashion Color Tangerine

Pantone describes this Tangerine color as "a juicy orange shade that is energizing, yet not jarring to the eye.  This Tangerine is striking enough to stand on its own yet can also add vitality to a printed pattern."

Pantone suggests pairing this color with Toasted Almond or Strawberry Ice.  Once I mix up the clay recipes for the season's colors, I like to experiment with different combinations.  I first like to challenge myself by using only colors from the palette.  Afterwards I will bring in other colors to add more contrast and mix it up a bit.

I played around with a combination of the Tangerine and Strawberry Ice using the patterned clay technique by Julie Picarello.  I added some of the color Marsala and plain pearl clay to give it some contrast.  These are some slices from the patterned clay stack and then two buttons using the Tangerine as a background.  The buttons shown haven't been baked yet but we were working on other projects today and ran out of time.



So here is the clay recipe for the Pantone color Tangerine using Kato clay:


Tangerine

10 parts Kato Yellow
1/2 part Kato Orange
1/2 part Kato Magenta
1 part Kato Pearl

No comments: