Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pantone Spring 2015 Fashion Color Glacier Gray

The color Glacier Gray is as Pantone describes, "an unobtrusive gray that contrasts and enhances, bouncing off other shades without taking away from them as it slips into the background to allow other colors to take center stage."  While this color is meant to be considered more neutral, it is considered as more dominant in the Men's palette.

Pantone says it combines well with Marsala and Aquamarine.  I started with combining it with the Marsala and added a thin sheet of Charcoal (recipe #1-9 in my Clay Color System).
I ran out of time to make anything with these but will show you later how they turn out when we do.  I also decided to combine the Glacier Gray with the Pantone color, Custard.  I added a thin sheet of the same Charcoal (recipe #1-9) to this mixture as well and really like the effect.  Here are a few items made with this combination:  A scarf bail and beads for a scarf necklace, some buttons and earring beads.

Scarf jewelry bail and beads
buttons
earring beads

So if you have my "Clay Color System" tutorial, you already have the recipe for this color:


Glacier Gray

Same color as "Silver Cloud" # 1-16 *

* This clay color is found in my
"Clay Color System" tutorial
available as an instant download
in our Etsy Shop
or manually sent in an e-mail from
our online store.  

2 comments:

Lupe Meter said...

Beautiful Mokume Gane creations! I am loving the Gray with the Custard! Bravo!

2 Good Claymates said...

Thanks Lupe, I have to agree as I love the Custard and Gray combo as well. It is very soft yet bright enough.