Thursday, January 15, 2015

Polymer Art Jewelry Challenge - Day 2

To continue on with day two of the Polymer Art Jewelry Challenge, I would like to thank Joan Tayler, who was the second person to nominate me.

Joan is another Canadian artist and the first person who introduced me to polymer clay when she was teaching a class at a local bead show.  Dave's mom had given me some money for my birthday which I used for that class and it was one of the best gifts I ever received.  Of course she benefited from it as well with the many jewelry pieces I enjoyed making for her.

So I thought I would share some of the first beads that I made after taking the class, 10 years ago.  The first technique Joan taught us was how to make a jelly roll cane and that was what I used on these.




The polymer artist I would like to nominate today is Cynthia Blanton.  Cynthia is another Canadian and even though we have never met in person we have communicated in other ways.  We both share the same interests with creating accessories for knitting and sewing as well as jewelry.  Cynthia is on facebook but she also has a blog which you can see some of her work here.

No comments: