Thursday, August 25, 2022

Pantone Fall Fashion Colors Lava Falls, Samoan Sun & Orange Tiger

The Pantone fashion colors for this fall are very rich and vibrant.  Pantone describes them as "Contrasting colors that bring together our co-existing desires for rest and relaxation with exuberant expression".

I am going to start with the first three colors that to me are perfect fall colors, a rich red, deep yellow and autumn orange.

Two of these colors have been used in previous Pantone color collections.  Lava Falls isn't in my latest Pantone color swatches but Pantone tells me that the color Samba is a very close match.  Samba was in the Pantone Fall 2013 Fashion Color Collection.  

You can find links to all the clay recipes I shared here for the previous Pantone colors back as far as Spring 2011 if you click on the "Pantone Color Recipes" tab at the top of this blog.

The color Orange Tiger was previously used in the Pantone Fall 2019 Fashion Color Collection.  These orange flatback "hotfix" crystals are a perfect match to the Orange Tiger and are available in my online store.  They are made in Canada and the cut, clarity and color are absolutely incredible and I find them very comparable to the expensive and now hard to get Swarovski crystals. 

I will share the recipes here again but wanted to let you know in case you already added these colors to your "Clay Color System" recipe cards.

So here are the recipes for these three Pantone colors using Kato Poly clay:

Lava Falls (Samba)
3 parts Kato Red
1 part Kato Magenta

Samoan Sun
10 parts Kato Yellow
1/4 part Kato Gold
1/8 part Kato Orange
6 parts White Mix # 1-2 *

Orange Tiger
4 parts Kato Orange
1 part Kato Gold
4 parts Kato Yellow

* Note:  These clay color recipes are created using Kato clay.  Any of the base color "mixes" used are from my Clay Color System.  You can read more here why I use Kato clay when mixing up my Pantone colors and still my preferred clay type.



No comments: