Monday, August 29, 2022

Pantone Fall Colors Nosegay & Waterspout

The two Pantone fall colors Nosegay and Waterspout are much lighter and less intense than the other colors in this seasons pallet and have a very calming effect.

They may seem more like summer colors but combined with some other colors in the winter palette can really change the effect.

Nosegay with Midnight and Amazon

Waterspout with Caramel Cafe and Midnight

And here are the two colors that have a silkscreen pattern in black which creates a great contrast and dramatic effect.  Both silkscreens are new ones I am trying out that were created by Tina Holden which are available in her Beadcomber Etsy shop here.  I will show you how my pieces I am making with these clay sheets come out when they are finished.

When I researched the color Nosegay, I discovered that Sweet Lilac is a close match and was previously used in the Pantone fall 2012 color collection.  I will share the same recipe again here but you can also find it in my first original post in February 2012 for reference.

Nosegay is a close match to Sweet Lilac

Waterspout is a gorgeous turquoise-like shade that reminds me of the ocean waters surrounding a tropical island.

So here are the color recipes using Kato clay.

Nosegay (Sweet Lilac)
1 part Kato Magenta
15 parts White Mix # 1-2 *

Waterspout
1 part Kato Turquoise
1/4 part Kato Green
10 parts White Mix # 1-2 *

*Note: These base color mixes are found in my Clay Color System Tutorial.

No comments: