Friday, February 25, 2022

Pantone Colors Spun Sugar & Harbor Blue

The two Pantone Spring colors, Spun Sugar and Harbor Blue are closer to the cyan blue or turquoise than a true shade of blue that we would normally think of.  They are both gorgeous colors on their own but I think I will experiment with using them in a combination to create a cane or other clay technique.  Perhaps both combined into a skinner blend?  The challenge is on if anyone else wants to give it a whirl.  You can share some of your experiments in the comments section on my Facebook page if you like.

In the meantime, I whipped up a few pair of stainless steel bezel earrings.  You might notice that at times the colors from the photos of the Pantone swatches do not perfectly match my clay samples.  This is due to the difference in computer screens and such.  The clay samples do match the actual Pantone colors and I will explain a little more about that tomorrow.


Here are the color recipes using Kato clay:

Spun Sugar
1 part Kato Turquoise
1/4 part Kato Blue
16 parts White Mix # 1-2 *

Harbor Blue
7 parts Kato Turquoise
1 part Kato Yellow
1/2 part Kato Black

*Note: These base color mixes are found in my Clay Color System Tutorial.


No comments: