Monday, February 28, 2022

The Core Classics of the Pantone Spring & Summer 2022 Fashion Colors

There are five colors added to the Pantone Spring & Summer palette called the "Core Classics".  These consist of a white, beige, green and two shades of grey.  When I create patterned clay using the "Mokume Gane" technique, I like to incorporate at least one neutral shade with my colors.  These Core Classics could work quite well in this case and I will share some examples with you later.

Here is an example using one of the Classics, called "Snow White".  If you have my Clay Color System, then you already have this recipe.  It is the same recipe as #1-2 White Mix.  I use this base white in a lot of color recipes as it adds a bit more depth and the end result is not as "flat" as just using plain white.  I also like to use the #1-2 White Mix (Snow White) instead of must plain white, as a contrast when creating with the Mokume Gane technique as shown below:


So here are the recipes for the five Pantone Classic Core colors using Kato clay:





*Note: These base color mixes are found in my Clay Color System Tutorial.

No comments: