Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Clay Recipe for Pantone Color of the Year - Very Peri

So my inventory and business work took a little longer than expected and now I am getting back to my creative side again and oh it feels so good!  I actually like doing the book work but I find it can get to be a bit too much (overwhelming) after literally counting all the little do-dads in my studio workroom.  And yes there are way too many.  Why is it seems it is so difficult to clear out items you do not use anymore but so much easier to add new things????

So, I am finally busy mixing up and playing with the new Spring and Summer colors from the Pantone Collection and happy to share them with you again.

I managed to make a few pieces for earrings and snaps with the Pantone Color of the Year, Very Peri. I generally cut out my shapes from a patterned sheet and bake the fronts first.  Then I will finish them off into earrings or snaps by adding the backs and bake again.

The Very "Peri" is short for "Periwinkle" which is a perfect description as it is a soft purple with a bit of blue.

So here is the recipe for Very Peri using Kato Clay:

Very Peri

5 parts Kato Violet
1 part Kato Blue
1 part Kato White

I will be sharing the remaining Pantone Spring & Summer color recipes through the week.  If you have my Clay Color System, you will find that you already have several of these recipes.  Others are very similar to past Pantone colors with some slight tweaking.

So back to my studio to whip up more color magic!

No comments: