Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Pantone Fall Colors Fuschia Fedora, Fire Whirl and Pale Rosette

I really like Pantones' fall color selections this year as it has a nice mix of soft, neutral and vibrant.  Fuschia Fedora and Fire Whirl are both rich vibrant shades where Pale Rosette is a soft velvety pink.  I made these post earrings by filling the stainless steel bezels with the fall Pantone colors and gave them a linen-like texture.  They are in my online store here.  If you are into making your own earrings, I also sell the findings in my DIY supplies section here.

Stainless + Clay Earrings

I also created some Earring Charms in matching clay colors.  I came up with the earring charm idea several years ago.  They are a fun way to add a dangle to any post or stud style earring simply by replacing the backing behind the ear with the charms instead.

Rondelle Earring Charms

Post Earring with Earring Charm added to the back of the ear.

I used the small rondelles in the photo below to make the earring charms.  I will use the larger ones as accents in my other jewelry pieces.   I share my secret tips and tricks on how to make these fun style beads in my tutorial here.


So here are color recipes using Kato clay.

Fuschia Fedora

4 parts Kato Magenta
1 part White Mix # 1-2 *

Pale Rosette

10 parts White Mix # 1-2 *
1/2 part Kato Magenta
3 parts Ecru Mix # 2-8 *
1/4 part Kato Yellow

Fire Whirl

10 parts Kato Red
1/2 part Kato Gold

* Note:  These clay color recipes are created using Kato Polyclay.  Any of the base color "mixes" used are from my Clay Color System.

No comments: