Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Pantone Fashion Colors Niagra and Lapis Blue

After making some leaves with the first three Pantone Spring 2017 Fashion colors I shared with you yesterday, I was wondering what to create next.  I love how the two blue colors, Niagra and Lapis, go with the Primrose Yellow so naturally keeping with a nature theme I made some flowers!  



Here is a flower shawl pin (with lady bug of course) I made using my Sculpted Flowers technique.  I show how to make the shawl pin in my Constructing Accent Pieces for Your Scarves, Sweaters & Shawls tutorial. I just happened to have a cotton scarf in the Primrose Yellow color that really makes the blue pop!


Here is a sculpted flower made from the same cane I used for the shawl pin but mounted on a snap.   The flower can be worn several ways such as a necklace or as a shawl stick.


So here are the recipes for the Pantone Spring Fashion Colors Lapis Blue and Niagra using Kato clay.

Lapis Blue

8 parts Kato Blue
1/2 part Kato Black

Niagra

2 parts Kato Blue
2 parts Ecru Mix # 2-8 *
1 part White Mix # 1-2 *

* Note:  These clay color recipes are created using Kato Polyclay.  Any of the base color "mixes" used are from my Clay Color System.

No comments: