Monday, July 1, 2013

Happy Canada Day!

Today is Canada Day and there will be plenty of celebrating across the country.  We will be making our way to the park at the beach in our little village to take in some of the live music and later on, enjoy the fireworks in the evening from our backyard.

It is tradition to wear our Canadian colors on this day which is red and white and that is what these pieces reminded me of.  Can you guess what they are for?


It is a tea towel holder for our kitchen to hang on the stove handle.



I've been wanting to make myself one of these for some time now and this is one of my first prototypes.  Some of the ideas I come up with are basically stemmed from something I would like for myself.  We also had some of the quilt stores ask for ideas on ways to use some of our buttons such as this tea cup one.


The ring that I made is basically a bangle bracelet that was textured with Helen Breil's "Conga Line" texture sheet which is one of my favorite patterns.

No comments: