Thursday, September 1, 2011

Spliced Flower Canes

I made up a bunch of skinner blends to make some spliced flower canes yesterday.  I am generally a stickler for mixing up colors and saving the recipe so I can make it exactly the same again.  My pile of "scrap" clay colors, however were starting to pile up and I decided to live dangerously and use some of it up.  Other than using my favorite white mix (see recipe #1-2 in my Clay Color System Tutorial) for some of the skinner blends, all the clay were colors I already had premixed in my scrap clay box.  I found some gorgeous colors to use -- even a bright yellow and several oranges which came in handy.


I'm just finishing up some pieces from these canes and will show them to you tomorrow....

4 comments:

Lupe Meter said...

One of my favorite canes to make! Looking forward to seeing you pictures! Your selection of colors are beautiful!

2 Good Claymates said...

Thanks. I made some flower pieces with them -- just have to photograph them in the morning.

Unknown said...

I am new to Pinterest and missed your follow up on this post . Can you post it again ... or possibly email it to saftiscreations@gmail.com

2 Good Claymates said...

If you go to the bottom of this blog post you will see 2 arrows and a button in the middle that says home. If you click on the right arrow it will go to my previous earlier post and the left arrow will go to the post after this one with the flowers I made.