Thursday, January 24, 2019

Clay Recipes for the Pantone Colors Jester Red and Sweet Lilac

The Pantone spring 2019 color Jester Red is more a burgundy or crimson.  It follows along from past seasons but has a bit more red than the Tawny PortChili Oil or Red Pear.  It combines beautifully with the Sweet Lilac which is a soft shade of pink and a hint of lavender.

I have been playing around with creating some new earring designs and love using these new Pantone colors for my experimenting.  It is also a great way to see how the colors look when they are combined.


These earrings can be worn various ways and in different combinations.  The charms are reversible and can be hung on my interchangeable ear wires.


They can also hang from the post earrings at the back of the ear which create this cool swivel effect.  I think this design is worth experimenting a little more.  For the post/studs I used the stainless steel bezel frames which are not only easy to fill but give a real professional finish.  I have them available in my online store along with the button shanks as well.




So here are the recipes for the Pantone colors Jester Red and Sweet Lilac using Kato clay.

Jester Red
8 parts Kato Red
1/2 part Kato Blue
2 parts Kato Pearl

Sweet Lilac
2 parts Kato Magenta
1/4 part Kato Violet
1 part Kato Yellow
10 parts White Mix #1-2 *


* Note:  These clay color recipes are created using Kato clay.  Any of the base color "mixes" used are from my Clay Color System


No comments: