Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Pantone Fall Fashion Colors Tawny Port, Autumn Maple & Butterum

For some reason I found myself procrastinating on mixing up the Pantone Fall fashion colors.  Other than the colors Navy Peony and Golden Lime, I just did not find the other colors very exciting.  However, once I began mixing each one of the colors up and laying out my samples on the tile for baking, I felt a little more inspired.


My first thought was to combine the warm autumn shades of red and brown as they are so earthy and rich in color and depth.  The three colors combined (as in a mokume gane blend) reminded me so much of autumn leaves, I had to make some!



So here are the recipes using Kato clay:


Tawny Port
8 parts Crimson # 4-5 *
1 part Kato Pearl
Hint:  When mixing up a recipe batch of Crimson (Recipe # 4-5),
add 1 part Kato Pearl

Autumn Maple
1 part Kato Brown
1 part Kato Copper
1 part Kato Gold

Butterum
1 part Kato Brown
1 part Kato Gold
2 parts Ecru Mix # 2-8 *

* Note:  These clay color recipes are created using Kato Polyclay.  Any of the base color "mixes" used are from my Clay Color System.

No comments: