Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pantone Spring 2014 Fashion Color Freesia

The Pantone Spring 2014 color Freesia is a rich "blazing" yellow with a slight orange undertone.  I love this shade of yellow and how it combines beautifully with so many other colors.

I've had this scarf for quite some time and is one of my favorites.  I happened to have it hanging in our studio for the past week as I was thinking about creating a clay accent piece for it.  I suddenly realized and was so excited and amazed when I discovered the colors in this scarf were a very close match to the Pantone spring 2014 colors of Radiant Orchid, Dazzling Blue, Violet Tulip and Freesia!



I did manage to make some time to play with more bargello and here is a scarf necklace created with the Freesia, Radiant Orchid and Dazzling Blue combination to go with my scarf.



Here is the clay color recipe
using Kato polyclay:


* The Rich Golden Yellow # 6-2 is a clay recipe found in my Color System tutorial which is available in our Etsy shop (as an instant download) or in our ArtFire Studio (which will be e-mailed within 24 hours).

** If you would prefer to have our color recipe 4x6 index cards (without the complete color system), we now have them available in our Etsy shop as an instant download.  Click here to view.

2 comments:

Radically Riley said...

That necklace looks fantastic with the scarf. Bravo!

2 Good Claymates said...

Thanks. I couldn't believe how the colors matched so well and was so excited when it turned out and can hardly wait to wear it!