Thursday, September 1, 2011

Spliced Flower Canes

I made up a bunch of skinner blends to make some spliced flower canes yesterday.  I am generally a stickler for mixing up colors and saving the recipe so I can make it exactly the same again.  My pile of "scrap" clay colors, however were starting to pile up and I decided to live dangerously and use some of it up.  Other than using my favorite white mix (see recipe #1-2 in my Clay Color System Tutorial) for some of the skinner blends, all the clay were colors I already had premixed in my scrap clay box.  I found some gorgeous colors to use -- even a bright yellow and several oranges which came in handy.


I'm just finishing up some pieces from these canes and will show them to you tomorrow....

2 comments:

Lupe Meter said...

One of my favorite canes to make! Looking forward to seeing you pictures! Your selection of colors are beautiful!

2 Good Claymates said...

Thanks. I made some flower pieces with them -- just have to photograph them in the morning.