Thursday, September 4, 2008

When life gives you lemons ... make lemonade!

It is funny how circumstances in life sometimes forces you to try something new. We had a change in dress code policy where I work that if your hair is longer than shoulder length, you have to tie it back. Since my hair happens to be fairly long, I had the option of cutting it or wearing a ponytail to work so I thought, why not make some nice holders or barrettes? I’ve always liked the “skewer” style barrette and so made several prototypes until I finally got the size down just right. I now have several styles and have found that I like wearing them all the time and having them match my other accessories.

I am now making some to sell and will post those on the flickr site but here are some photos of a few that I made for myself.
















No comments: