Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Pantone Fall 2023 Fashion Colors Red Dahlia, Red Orange, Burnt Sienna & Rose Violet

While most of the Pantone Fall Fashion colors for 2023-2024 tend to be somewhat bright they all still have slight earthy undertones.

Besides Viva Magenta, there are 4 other colors in the red or magenta specter.  I will share the clay recipes for these with you today.

Red Dahlia is a rich wine red and is a very close match to the Pantone Fall 2019 color Chili Pepper so I am using the exact same recipe again.  This clay color may appear light after mixing but you will find it to become darker after it is baked.  That is one of things I noticed with using Kato Brand Clay, especially when working with red, magenta and sometimes violet if added as an ingredient. I have learned to make an allowance for this when mixing my colors.  I am currently working out some of these recipes with other clay brands, particularly Cernit, to see if I get the same results.


Red Orange is not exactly as it sounds.  It is in fact a more orange shade of red as compared to the swatch shown on a computer screen.  

Burnt Sienna is an earthy rust red that reminds me of autumn leaves.


Rose Violet was a Pantone Fashion color from last year - Fall 2022 - 2023.  It is gorgeous fuchsia and combines quite nicely with this years fall palette.  


Here are some pieces I made with the Rose Violet last fall that I screen printed in white.

Interchangeable Earring Beads in Rose Violet

Large interchangeable snap in Rose Violet

I still haven't had time to make much with these new colors yet but need to get cracking!  So in the meantime I will share these recipes with you so that you can start mixing them up as well.  So here are the four recipes using Kato Clay.
Red Dahlia
6 parts Kato Red
1/2 part Kato Violet

Red Orange
1 part Kato Orange
1/4 part Kato Red

Burnt Sienna
4 parts Kato Red
1 part Kato Magenta
1 part Kato Gold

Rose Violet
3 parts Kato Magenta
1/2 part Kato Violet
1 part White Mix # 1-2 *

* Note: These base color mixes are found in my Clay Color System Tutorial.

My Clay Color System tutorial is based on using Kato clay. If you like to work with other clays, (Cernit, Fimo Professional, Premo, etc.) my revised edition will be available very soon and I will have a special introductory sale price for it then -- (next week).  I will be announcing it here and on my facebook page when it is ready.

No comments: