Monday, January 25, 2016

2016 Pantone Colors of the Year - Rose Quartz and Serenity

The Pantone Color Institute decided to do something different by introducing two colors of the year.   I was not only surprised by this but their color choices as well -- Rose Quartz, a soft pink and Serenity, a soft shade of blue which Pantone says are a "softer take on color for 2016"



After mixing up these clay colors I was trying to decide what to make with them.  They reminded me of soft yarns for knitting and so I decided to play with the extruded clay faux knitting technique.  I started extruding some of the clay and then came up with an idea to make it look more like variegated yarn.


 I was happy to discover my idea worked and here is what I did shown in the photo collage below:


And here are the clay recipes for the Pantone colors of the year, Rose Quartz and Serenity:


* Note:  These clay color recipes are created using Kato Polyclay.  Any of the base color "mixes" used are from my Clay Color System.

No comments: