Monday, June 1, 2009

Winners for May Challenges


I'm happy to announce the winners for the two challenges I entered.  First off, Into the Dawn Designs won for the Yellow challenge with the Polymer Clay Smooshers.  I just loved her Swirly Summer Sun Brooch.  The winner gets to pick what next month's challenge will be.


I won the Artisan Jewelers Guild Cinco de Mayo Challenge.  I had a lot of fun putting this necklace together.  I made the rock (the one that floats) first that I was originally going to use in the Festival of the Arts show this July, but Dave suggested I enter the coffee table I was working on instead (along with several other jewelry pieces).  So I decided this rock with the gecko on it fit in perfectly with the Cinco de Mayo theme.  The necklace is made up of polymer clay beads (the imitation rock and green marbled), fresh water pearls, Czech fire-polished crystals and sponge coral.  The clasp is another polymer clay rock bead with a barrel clasp hidden inside.  You can see more photos of it on Flickr.

5 comments:

coltpixy said...

Congratulations! I love that gecko!

2 Good Claymates said...

Thanks!

coltpixy said...

You've received a blog award... http://coltpixy.com/2009/06/one-lovely-blog-award.html

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That necklace is awesome, it definitely has "winner" written all over it! One of the most creative poly clay necklaces I've seen.

MoeArt said...

That is SOOO cute! I love it. And that yellow pendant is wonderful!