Sunday, August 5, 2012

Double-sided Textured Beads With Bling

Making the double-sided textured beads can be a lot of fun and I love making them in all the different jewel-tone colors.  I was experimenting with adding Swarovski crystals to my beads like in the "Fiesta Spiral" design shown here.



I made them a little larger than my regular beads to create more of a focal pendant just by adding extra clay to my mould .  I use the genuine Swarovski crystals that are flat back and the "hot fix" type.  The hot fix crystals have a glue on them that is activated when heated and gives a little extra hold.

When adding the crystals I embedded both sides at the same time so as not to interfere with the texture.


These beads are now for sale in our ArtFire Studio as well as our Etsy shop.


No comments: