Saturday, March 7, 2020

Pantone Color of the Year for 2020

The Pantone color of the year for 2020 is Classic Blue.  Pantone describes it as "Instilling calm, confidence and connection, this enduring blue hue highlights our desire for a dependable and stable foundation on which to build as we cross the threshold into a new era".

I certainly feel I could use a lot of this color after my year being off to such a rocky start. Blue never use to be a color I would wear other than blue jeans.  In the past few years, however, I have been adding more colors along the navy and denim line to my wardrobe.  In selling my handcrafted jewelry I have found navy is also in more demand today than just your basic black.


For some reason this color looked familiar and in searching back through the previous Pantone color seasons, I discovered this was one of the Spring 2015 Fashion Colors.  You will find the original clay recipe posted here.

For easy reference I will post it here again using Kato clay:

Classic Blue

8 parts Kato Blue
1/2 part Kato Black
1 part White Mix #1-2 *

* This clay base color is found in my:

"Clay Color System" tutorial available as an instant download
in our Etsy Shop

or manually sent in an e-mail (no vat tax)
from our online store.

No comments: