Monday, November 5, 2012

A Long Weekend

This was one of our busiest weekends for the season and we spent today recovering.  Thank goodness for our new hot tub jacuzzi which has helped me get through it.

It started with a Ladies Night charity fundraiser at our local Home Hardware store where I had a display featuring our new scarf jewelry and interchangeable earring system.  I was so busy I completely forgot about taking a photo of my table set-up. I did manage, however, to take a picture of Laura in her gorgeous gown and wearing one of our scarf jewelry sets.


It was a fun evening with lots of door prizes, activities, punch, wine and lots of yummy appies!

We were up early the next morning (Sunday) for the huge Kamloops Craft-a-Fair.  It was a very busy show as usual and very successful.  Our new scarf jewelry and stick shawl/sweater pins were well received and we nearly sold out before it was over.  (This photo was taken later on so was looking pretty slim after selling more than 2/3's of our inventory!)


The main drawing feature was the slide show we put together on a digital screen with the photos taken by Natalie of One Love Photography. (see photo below)


Our new Interchangeable earring system was also a big hit.  I came up with the idea when I was experimenting with some new ear wire designs where all the art beads can be easily interchanged.  I was getting weary of making so many ear wires for every pair of art beads and then having to change them when a customer would prefer a different style.  With this system, you choose the style of ear wire as well as your art beads which can be easily interchanged.  I am in the process of updating our website which will feature this system very soon.




No comments: