Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Album tip for my Clay Color System Tutorial


I've been getting a lot of positive feedback on my latest tutorial, Carolyn's Clay Color System.

These are a few comments we've received so far (now for some shameless self-promotion):

"Quick delivery and a lot of fun.  My photo album is filling up nicely!"


"Excellent tutorial.  Great way to learn about color and organize your clay stash!"


"I'm so excited.  I have always been afraid of dealing with color.  I know what I like; I just don't know how to get there.  You just opened the door for me!  ...... I'm impressed with your system.  Worth every penny."


"Just received my new color tutorial.... I can't wait to get in and start mixing some clay together and fix myself up the recipe cards...."


"I finally had a chance to look at your Color System Tute that I bought.  It's SUPER!  I am actually going to follow all the steps. :)  Thanks for making it for us.  I recommend it HIGHLY!

I did receive an e-mail today, however from someone who was having difficulty finding a photo album that is 3 photos per page.  If that is a problem I have a solution.

You can always go with a photo album that is 2 photos per page and then use 2 pages instead of the one for every color.  This will give you room to hold 4 cards per color instead of the 3 and you will have room for more color recipes to add later.  You can print out the blank cards on page 47 to use as the 4th card for each of the colors.  If you go this way, you will still only need 12 pages total for your album.

The binder type albums are best so you can add more pages for other things like keeping some of your color mixing charts, etc.

If you have any questions or more comments regarding this or any other of my tutorials, please feel free to contact me or leave a comment.  We are always happy to hear from you!

Follow up!

I did come up with another file system rather than a binder which I now really like.  You can see the post on this here:

http://2goodclaymates.blogspot.ca/2014/11/new-idea-for-clay-color-system-card.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought your color system a few weeks ago and am loving it. As a new "clayer" I'm finding it invaluable. Just a quick note about the photo binder. I had a hard time finding one with 3 slots per page but did finally find them at Walmart. I'm not a big fan of Walmart so it was my last ditch effort but it did pay off and was very affordable. Thanks!!

2 Good Claymates said...

That was a great tip and thanks so much for sharing!