Friday, April 16, 2010

Double-sided Textured Bead Tutorial Now Available

I've been working on several tutorials lately and happy to announce that one of them is finished and for sale on Clay Lessons (click on the photo below for the link) as well as in our Etsy Shop and Art Fire Studio.  The tutorial is on creating my lentil beads that are textured on both sides and perfectly seamless.  The good news is that there is no sanding involved yet they are smooth to touch.   I teach you how to create your own moulds from various objects you might have in your house so each bead you create would be your own original design.  A handy color guide is included in the lesson.

 

The beads created in this tutorial shimmer like glass but can also look like ceramic, depending on the colors and finish you use.  You could also antique them to give them a totally different look -- the sky is your limit.  I first got the idea from a bracelet I saw once that had the most gorgeous glass beads.  I decided I had to find a way to imitate them.  I've used these beads for my interchangeable watch bracelets but have used them in regular bracelets, necklaces and earrings as well.





If you prefer to buy these beads already made, they are for sale in our Etsy Shop.  I can also make them in almost any color you prefer a custom order.

2 comments:

sibel said...

I LİKE YOR HAND MADE

DVArtist said...

Ohhh these are soooo pretty.
Nicole/Beadwright