Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Candy Cane Beads

My friend Denyse and I have been trying to make more time to clay together.  We found out that one of the best ways for her to learn how to work and feel more comfortable with the clay is to work on projects together.   Last week for instance, we made several batches of candy cane beads for our Christmas shows.  It seemed to go much smoother with the two of us working together and we each had our own batch of beads to play with after we were done.


I shared a tutorial how to make your own candy cane beads with you some time ago and if you haven't seen it yet, you will find it here.

Since I am constantly looking at ways to increase productivity, I decided to try a slightly different method. Instead of making the colored clay strips, we created a clay stack and then arranged slices from it around the white clay log (see pictures below).





Now I am ready to create some new jewelry designs with my fresh candy cane bead supply.



4 comments:

Sara said...

Me encanta es muy divertido y original!!.

Obat herbal kanker payudara said...

thank's for your information and i like your post

obat kanker payudara said...

Thanks for your information

Almost Precious said...

OMG - Wish I had seen this post 6 months, 1 week and 3 days ago. The Christmas candy beads are fantastic and that necklace is to die for, just beautiful.