Monday, June 4, 2012

Kaleidoscope Dish

When playing with my clay I really enjoy making beads and buttons the most.  I do like a challenge of creating larger pieces which helps to break up the boredom.  While experimenting and developing my skill in creating kaleidoscope canes, I had put a large design together that I absolutely loved but was way too large to use for any pendant or button.  I set it aside along with the remainder part of the cane until I could decide what I was going to do with it.

After looking at it for several days, I could only visualize it as a centerpiece for a dish and this is the finished piece.



The most difficult part of finishing this piece was getting it absolutely smooth before baking which resulted in a fair bit of sanding later.

Fortunately I had some left over cane so still created some jewelry pieces.  All these pieces shown below were created from the same cane.  I love how you can get so many different patterns and effects from it.


1 comment:

Almost Precious said...

Impressive ! I love the smaller pieces at the bottom of your post - each one is unique and so pretty.