Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Wish List

I'm running low on supplies and is almost time to order more.  While browsing through my favorite sites I couldn't help think about what I want to add for my Christmas wish list for this year.  One thing I am in need of is a new pasta machine.  Mine is pretty much worn out and I want a really good one this time and possibly with a motor.  I don't mind cranking my machine manually but with the tendinitis in my shoulder, a motor could be quite useful for conditioning large batches of clay.


I was really drooling over the new "Dream Machine " and if it is such a good machine as they say, then is probably worth the money.  But if I want a motor for it, forking out another $375 is a little difficult to swallow.  I think I will probably stick with a good Italian made pasta machine, with or without a motor, for now.

Then there is the question as to where to buy.  I like to buy from Canadian suppliers whenever possible, however we don't have as much selection here as in the U.S.  Fortunately we have Shades of Clay which is a main supplier for my Kato clay and gives fair prices when ordering large quantities as I do.  They also have some other neat stuff available so it is like visiting a candy store every time I go to their site to place an order!  So what other things are tempting me?  Let's see....

How about some new discs for my extruder ---  or an extruder adapter that makes a hollow core ---



Maybe some of Lisa Pavelka's craft Foils  --  I could experiment with making faux dichroic glass.

Liquid Kato -- in different colors.  I use a lot of this in the clear but never tried any of the colors yet.



Some Kemper cutters -- can't believe I still don't own any of these yet!




And of course there is a whole lot more but I will have to stay focused for now and not get too carried away!  I will let you know later what I decided on!

In the meantime, what is on your Christmas wish list???  Would love to hear about it....

5 comments:

Robin M said...

check out http://www.munrocrafts.com/
They have a really good discount too. Buy $200 get 50% off. - Robin

2 Good Claymates said...

Thanks -- I did -- the 50% off sounds good but is still from the U.S. and costs way more for shipping, duty, brokerage fees, etc. by the time I receive it in Canada. Also -- tried an Amaco pasta machine and they are no good -- going with a good Italian one this time. I think I will stick with Shades of Clay.

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

I would love to have that Dream Machine too but you can buy 10 or more decent machines for the price of one great machine and motor. I understand that since it is a low production piece the cost is higher. But I can't swallow it either. I know the beginners that come to my site definitely can't. Which is too bad. It seems to answer the problems we have with regular pasta machines.

terihodgins said...

成人電影情色自拍微風成人jp成人成人圖片080苗栗人聊天室成人小說18成人情色a片上班族聊天室成人論壇xxx383美女寫真69成人色情影片視訊聊天室成人影城18成人正妹百人斬成人影城聊天室

Anonymous said...

You probably already know but you can make your own colored liquid clay by using PearlEx and mix it in your liquid clay.