Thursday, August 15, 2019

Pantone Fall 2019 Fashion Colors

My sweet hubby Dave use to tell me that time was my worst enemy.  That was so true and it seems I am always trying to beat the clock when I have deadlines to meet.  I am sure many of you can relate to this as well.  Between filling orders, I am preparing some new pieces for the Lake Country Art Walk which is barely 3 weeks away.  Part of my new collection for this show is in the new Pantone fall colors.  I did promise to share with you these new clay recipes soon so here is the start:

The color of the year for 2019 is Living Coral.  You will find the clay recipe I shared with you in the spring 2019 color recipes here.
I really love the new fall colors.  Leatrice Eiseman (Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute) describes them as "ranging from easy and sophisticated to strikingly different and unique". 





When mixing up my fall colors I like to make some extra color chips to play with.  They are a handy little tool when looking for various combinations.


So to start of the color recipes I thought I would start off with two colors that are from the same family as the Living Coral: Peach Pink and Crème de Pêche (a lighter version of the Peach Pink).

Peach Pink
1 part Kato Magenta
1 part Kato Orange
2 part Kato Yellow
12 parts White Mix #1-2 *


Creme de Peche
1 part Peach Pink (recipe above)
2 parts White Mix #1-2 *

* Note:  These clay color recipes are created using Kato clay.  Any of the base color "mixes" used are from my Clay Color System



No comments: