Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Pantone Fall 2019 Fashion Colors -- Rocky Road, Sugar Almond and Vanilla Custard

Many of the Pantone Fall Colors for this fall seem to be named after food.  Not only do the names sound yummy, I find the colors are too.  I am not a real fan of browns but they seem to keep creeping into my wardrobe.  The nice thing about them, however, is they are a great neutral than can be worn with so many other colors.
An all time favorite, for instance is teal or turquoise combined with brown.  This color combination seems to be one of my best sellers in my jewelry collection as it can be neutral yet so stunning.

Sugar Almond and Teal Blue
Sugar Almond with Teal (left) and with Vanilla Custard (right)
I don't have any samples using the Rocky Road yet, however if you have my Clay Color System, then you already have this clay recipe.  So here are the recipes for these three colors using Kato polyclay:


Rocky Road
Follow clay recipe for
Burnt Umber #3-2 *

Sugar Almond
5 parts Kato Brown
1 part Kato Copper
1 part Kato Orange
1 part Kato Gold
1/2 part Kato Black

Vanilla Custard
2 parts Ecru Base #2-7 *
1/4 part Kato Yellow
2 parts Kato Pearl
4 parts White Mix #1-2 *

* Note:  These clay color recipes are created using Kato clay.  Any of the base color "mixes" used are from my Clay Color System.



No comments: