Friday, October 19, 2018

Busy Fall

Life has been way too busy for me these past few months and I am finally able to catch my breath and slow things down a bit.  Doing four shows in September was a lot but I managed to get through them and now preparing for my last few shows coming up in November.

So here is a caption of what I have been up to since my last post:

August I did a Trunk show at the Silhouette Fashion Boutique in Salmon Arm.  We had a great time and I will be doing another one for Christmas coming up on November 8.


September started off with the Lake Country Art Walk.  This lady  entertained us with her fabulous voice.  It was an extremely busy yet fun time.

Entertainment at the Lake Country Art Walk
Shortly after I did a mini pop-up show at the Kelowna Yarn & Needlecrafts store.  Then at the end of the month it was off to Vancouver for Knit City.




After returning from Vancouver the Salute to the Sockeye Salmon Festival in the Shuswap had already started.  This festival only runs every 4 years when there is the largest amount of Sockeye Salmon spawning (dominant run).  My salmon themed jewelry and accessories are in the Artisan market along with more than 50 other local artists.  We all take shifts to help out in the store and greeting customers.  Everyday there are thousands of people and tourists that come out to see this spectacular event that runs for three weeks.

A few of my salmon themed items for sale in the Artisan Market
This is Kim who did an awesome job of operating and running the Artisan Market.
This is Fion who bought my salmon earrings and was already modelling them.
I will be there again for a live demo this Sunday (Oct 21st) in front of the Artisan Market which is also the final day of the festival.

No comments: