Friday, August 18, 2017

Pantone Fall 2017 Colors Neutral Gray, Grenadine & Ballet Slipper

Along with Navy Peony, Neutral gray is the other main neutral in the Pantone Fall 2017 pallette.   I decided to use it as my main clay color to work with today along with two opposite types of reds, Grenadine and Ballet Slipper.  Grenadine is a very strong orange red where Ballet slipper is more a cooler and softer shade.


I was experimenting with several combinations and love how both of these reds combine beautifully with the Neutral Gray and a little bit of black to make them pop.  I was playing around with these colors and found the Chevron-like patterns the most fun.  I didn't have enough time to make anything from these veneers as I wanted to get this posted so will show you later when I do.



So here are the recipes for these three colors using Kato clay:

Neutral Gray
4 parts Kato Silver
1 part Kato Black
1 part Kato White

Grenadine
1 part Kato Red
1 part Kato Orange

Ballet Slipper
8 parts White Mix # 1-2 *
3 parts Ecru Mix # 2-8 *
1/2 part Kato Magenta
1/4 part Kato Violet

* Any of the base color "mixes" used are from my Clay Color System.

No comments: