Monday, February 20, 2012

Textured Lace Buttons

I have been experimenting with the Sutton Slice technique and some new textures.  It took a bit to get the hang of it and now I am totally hooked. Here are some buttons I made that sort of remind me of lace.  They all have  metal wire shanks for sewing.



In the buttons below I used the Pantone Spring 2012 color combination of Bellflower, Solar Power and Tangerine Tango.


Some of these buttons were snatched up by several local stores we sell to.  I am in the process of making more and will be listing them in our online shops when they are done.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Beautiful work!

FloRaeMe said...

Well done. I particularly like the pantone colour range. I tried this technique once and it was hard so I didn't try again, but I am rather tempted now.

JuLee said...

The Pantone buttons are to die for. I am bloggling my mind trying to figure out how you made the color gradiations.

2 Good Claymates said...

I found the Sutton Slice rather challenging at first until I experimented further to find what worked best for me. I also discovered that certain textures worked better than others, etc.