Saturday, July 10, 2010

Shuswap Lake Festival of the Arts

Well the Shuswap Lake Festival of the Arts started today.  This past week has been a real blur with so many things to do to get ready.  Between all the rush, my "claymate" (hubby) Dave was in the hospital and is now recovering from several surgeries.  I am so glad to have him home again with me now.  It is a real relief.

I was in such a rush last week I turned my piece into the juried art show and had forgotten to photograph it!  I took some photos of it today to show you and to my surprise I discovered it was sold.  It is a vase that I titled "Tidal Pool" and I used a combination of mokume gane and gold leaf crackle techniques.


I will be demoing again this year and will be set up tomorrow from 10 until 1.  You may want to stop in if you are in the area.


3 comments:

zabica67 said...

Just can't say anything but: UUUUUooooaaaauuuuuUUUU! Wow! Oh! Ah! Well.... Just wish to make something like this!

joan tayler said...

I'm impressed! How big is this puppy?

2 Good Claymates said...

Hi Joan, That is another funny thing is that I never thought of measuring it! So unlike me but there has been a lot of distractions here lately with Dave's health and all. I think it was close to 8" high / wide .. more or less.