Wednesday, January 23, 2019

New Clay Recipes for the Pantone Spring 2019 Fashion Colors

All my clay in the new Pantone Spring Fashion colors are now mixed and I am ready to share them with you!  These colors are so vibrant and just scream spring and summer!

I will start with Living Coral which is the Pantone color of the year for 2019.  It is a lovely shade of a peachy pink orange combo.  I love the fish with the coral in the water photo sample Pantone uses for this color, as it really shows off it's true nature.


The other clay color recipe I will be sharing is Mango Mojito.  Pantone describes it as a "golden yellow that feeds our craving for pleasant comforts."


I was playing around in combining these two colors and experimenting with color blocking in a minimalist style.  These earring beads are reversible and can be worn several ways when hung on my interchangeable ear wires.





So here are the recipes for the Pantone colors Living Coral and Mango Mojito using Kato clay.

 Living Coral

1 part Kato Magenta
1 part Kato Orange
2 parts Kato Yellow
4 parts White Mix #1-2*

 Mango Mojito

20 parts Kato Yellow
1/2 part Kato Orange
1/2 part Kato Gold
1 part Kato Pearl (optional)


* Note:  These clay color recipes are created using Kato Polyclay.  Any of the base color "mixes" used are from my Clay Color System


No comments: