Sunday, January 27, 2019

Clay Recipes for the Pantone Spring 2019 Colors Pink Peacock, Fiesta and Turmeric

The three Pantone Spring 2019 colors Pink Peacock, Fiesta and Turmeric are all close together on the color wheel so I wanted to play around with more color blocking to show how they go well together.


I find that the as I experiment with the same technique over and over, each time my ideas expand a bit more.  This is how we learn to develop our own style.  In playing around with simple color blocking, I came up with this circular design that looks like a bulls eye.  These earrings could simply be worn on their own or for more fun, interchanged with the diamond shape reversible drops.



So here are the recipes for the Pantone colors Pink Peacock, Fiesta and Turmeric using Kato clay.

Pink Peacock
6 parts Kato Magenta
1/2 part Kato Yellow
1 part White Mix #1-2 *

Fiesta
1 part Kato Red
1 part Kato Orange

Turmeric
12 parts KatoYellow
1-1/2 parts Kato Orange
1 part Kato Gold
1 part Kato Pearl


* Note:  These clay color recipes are created using Kato clay.  Any of the base color "mixes" used are from my Clay Color System


No comments: