Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pantone Fall 2013 Fashion Colors and Emerald Color of the Year

I just realized how August is already more than half over and it is time to be thinking about fall colors already.  Pantone determines the fashion colors for each season and shares them in their Fashion Color Report.  I've been busy mixing these new colors up using the Kato Poly Clay and will share my new clay color recipes with you over the next week.



As I was mixing up the new colors I could imagine all sorts of various combinations.  I find the mixing process gives me the jumpstart I need for the next season.  If you like to make jewelry to sell or even for yourself, it is great to keep up with the current fashion colors so you or your customers will have something to go with that new blouse or dress they just bought.

Check out the video (click here) where Leatrice Eiseman, the Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute, talks about and describes these new fall colors.

To start you off, I already shared the clay color recipe for Emerald which is the Pantone fashion color of the year.  If you click on the photo below, it will take you to the blog post with the recipe using Kato clay.


No comments: