Saturday, July 13, 2013

Bargello Fringe Necklace and a Ribbon

We had a nice time at the Artists' reception at the Shuswap Lake Festival of the Arts in Sorrento last night.  I thought I would share with you two of four items I had entered into the show both of which were jewelry items in the 3D category.

This is my Bargello Fringe Necklace in shades of black, grey and white.  This was a new design for me to create but it was inspired by the many "fringe" necklaces I was seeing everywhere and wanted to imitate that look and feel in the clay.  For added strength, I inserted sterling wire down the entire length of each "fringe" piece.



The other piece I had entered into the show was my "Emerald Forest" necklace which was a nice surprise to see a juror's ribbon next to it.



It was nice to receive a ribbon when there are so many other worthy artists to choose from.  There were 89 artists represented in the show with more than 250 pieces entered.  The variety of works ranged from paintings and fibre arts to sculpture and mixed media.

5 comments:

MARÍA TERESA - libra0653 said...

Beautiful work. Congratulations

vancouverpolyclayers said...

Congratulations Carolyn. It was great to see your necklace receive a ribbon in the company of so many other talented artists.
It is also great to see Polymer Clay receive the recognition it deserves from the Art community.

Unknown said...

OOPS! The previous comment was from me but I am sure the Guild shares my opinion.
Lawrence

2 Good Claymates said...

Thanks Maria and Lawrence,

Yes, it is a real honor every time I have received a ribbon as you would not believe the variety and quality of the art that is represented. I am still the only polymer entered in this show but each year more are learning about it so I am trying to do my part the best I can.

Pepita said...

Congratulations for the ribbon!
The winning necklace is very lovely, but the black and white bargello is just gorgeous!!!