Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Working Out The Details

I've been in the middle of working on several projects and mixing up some Pantone fall 2012 colors in between having family visit from out of town.  So far not much of the clay work is getting finished but I should have some new color recipes ready for you soon.


In the meantime, I thought I would share one of the projects I have been working on.  I've had requests from several wholesale customers to create some sort of pin or pendant that would fit the type of scarves they make which are quite a bit bulkier than an average one.  When creating this new design I have to not only consider the thickness of the scarf but the size and shape of the pin so it will look balanced and hang properly.  It is like working on a puzzle and you feel really great when the pieces start to fall into place.

This is one prototype I created using scrap clay and mica powders.  The texture plate is Helen Breil's which is one of my absolute favorites.



No comments: