Monday, July 2, 2012

Interesting Sights of Chase

We had some family visit for the day and so went for a drive to see a few sights in our little village of Chase.  I thought I would share them with you.

This is Chase Creek Falls just on the edge of town.


One of the things I love about this area is the variety of art that is available here.  This is a Teak Showroom just outside of town.  The teak is mainly reclaimed stumps that are more than 100 years old and then carved into anything from wall decor to furniture.  You can read more about it and meet some of the carvers on their website All Things Thai.



This is a piece we couldn't resist and followed us home.


I love the entrance to his farm
where the teak showroom is.



View of the gate as you leave....


We are a little laid back in this area and I really liked the hours sign on the door.  These are kind of the hours that all artists should adopt?  lol


1 comment:

knotsewcute said...

How wonderful to know that such a great place exists so close to where I live! The business hours sign is hilarious!!! I will have to make up a similar sign for my office :)