Monday, April 23, 2012

Another jewelry making class

I just finished teaching another beginner's jewelry making class at the Sewing Basket in Salmon Arm this morning.   It was a repeat of my last series of classes which were completely filled up and so I was asked to teach it again.

I put together jewelry kits for a different design this time using my tie dye beads in summer type colors.  This necklace is a continuous "chain or rope" style that is about 34" long so there was a lot of wire work  involved.


Here are a couple of the necklaces the students' finished in class: 



The tie dye beads shown above are in the Pantone Spring 2012 colors of Sodalite Blue and Cockatoo.  The beads shown below are in the Pantone Spring 2012 colors of Tangerine Tango, Cabaret and Solar Power.  I show how to make these using my "Mini Mokume" cane in my Clay Color System tutorial.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! The sign of a good teacher!

2 Good Claymates said...

Thank-you. I love to teach and it is rewarding to see everyone's excitement and enthusiasm in creating their own jewelry pieces and being able to proudly wear them home afterwards.