Saturday, September 17, 2011

Coffee Liqueur and Nougat - Pantone Fall 2011 Colors

The Pantone fall color Coffee Liqueur is a rich brown that is very similar to Chocolate Truffle, another one of the Pantone fall 2010 colors.  Follow the same recipe for Chocolate Truffle (see recipe # 3-5 in my Clay Color System) except increase the amount of gold to 4 parts and that is all there is to it.



Nougat is a lighter shade of Coffee Liqueur and makes a great compliment when combining colors.  When mixing up this color I seemed to be missing some sort of ingredient and just couldn't put my finger on it.  I then noticed that other colors on the same Pantone color card palette were a peach tone so when I added a bit of the Emberglow (another Pantone fall 2011 color), it came out a perfect mix.




So the recipe for Nougat is as follows:


8 parts Ecru base mix # 2-8 (see Carolyn's Clay Color System)
1/2 part Emberglow (click here to see the recipe)
1/2 part Coffee Liqueur (see recipe above)


TIP:   When measuring clay for recipes I have discovered I prefer to use a square shaped cutter rather than round.  This makes it much easier for measuring 1/4 or 1/2 parts as you can cut your square from corner to corner and get a much more accurate amount.



No comments: