Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tooled Leather Look Cabinet Knobs

We received a unique custom order request the other day.  This customer had purchased some gorgeous knobs for their kitchen cabinets that were made from a resin-like material but had a tooled leather look.  Unfortunately these knobs kept breaking and they could not purchase any more as they were discontinued.  They really loved the design and if you saw their house, you would understand why as everything was decorated with a real country western flair.  A friend of theirs had seen our work at the Cowboy Festival last March and told them about us.  They sent us a broken knob and asked if we could possibly match them to replace the broken missing ones.

This was a big challenge with several details to work out such as making a good moulded impression of the original piece, mixing the right clay base color as well as the paint for staining.  After several attempts, I finally ended up with a replica that looked almost exactly like the original.  (Can you tell which one it is?)

Here you can see them on their cabinet drawers in their gorgeous country style kitchen --

They said I could share some photos of their beautiful home with you.  Every light fixture is totally unique.

Everything was so tastefully decorated with a country western style right down to the saddle barstools...

One of the most gorgeous pieces in their home was the bathtub!  It is made from copper and was imported from Mexico.  Dave says it is the kind of tub you need a life jacket if you don't know how to swim!

We are happy we had the opportunity to work on such a project for this beautiful home and meet some very beautiful people who live there as well!


Roberta Warshaw said...

WOW! You did a fantastic job on those knobs! I love the knobs and the tub!
The rest.......well, let's just leave it at that. Country Western is not my style! :))

Sylvia said...

That is REALLY impressive. Your work, not the house. Well, the house too, OBV., but seriously, WELL DONE.

2 Good Claymates said...

Thanks. Creating the first knob was the real challenge and then once I got that down, the remaining went much smoother.