Sunday, March 29, 2009

New Switchplate Covers

I've been working on some items for our home and finished some lightswitch covers.  I was experimenting with various clay colors, stamps, mica powders and paints and after sealing with liquid Kato, the final result turned out looking a lot like ceramic.  I would've taken some photos to show the process but I was so absorbed in making these, I completely forgot.



I found a home for one of my angel faces I posted about last month but I decided to design some different wings for this switchplate cover and I think these ones fit better.



2 comments:

Lisa said...

These are lovely.. and i love that you only put two screw holes in the plate... the screws can be such a distraction to a beautiful switchplate!

2 Good Claymates - Dave and Carolyn Good said...

Thanks Lisa, we thought about the screw holes and decided only 2 would be better and less distracting. The plate holds just as well on the wall this way.